This 3-part webinar will meet once a week for 1.5 hours each week.
ARE YOU CARING FOR A PERSON WITH MEMORY LOSS?
This 3-part webinar will meet once a week for 1.5 hours each week. Attendees will come away with a deeper understanding of the impact of dementia on the brain and feel more equipped with skill-building ideas to put to use for more effective and engaging caregiving practices as care providers to someone with dementia. We are piloting the project this summer and I invite you to send staff, attend for yourself, and send caregivers you know who would benefit from this free, evidence-informed program. See attached flyer for details.
Learn how to:
- Understand basic information about
dementia and its impact on brain function
- Communicate more effectively with
someone who has dementia
- Recognize stages of dementia
- Provide meaningful daily activities based on
your loved one’s interests and abilities
- Better understand and address dementia-
- create a positive caregiving environment
- Learn strategies and benefits of self-care
- Build your network of support
QUESTIONS? Call WellWise Services Area Agency on Aging at 517-592-1974 or email livingwellprograms@WellWiseServices.org