Our Agency’s goal is to reduce confusion, enhance individual choice, and support informed decision-making. Our Information and Referral Specialists assist callers and visitors by providing information, answering questions, discussing eligibility for our Agency’s programs, and providing referrals to other agencies when needed. An Information and Referral Specialist with knowledge about local services and resources provides information, answers questions, and gives assistance to callers and visitors. We will provide information and discuss eligibility for our Agency’s programs and services. We can also provide information regarding other community programs and services, such as:
- Adult Daycare Services
- Case Management
- Chore Service
- Home Delivered Meals
- Home Health Agencies
- Legal Services
- Personal Care
- Prescription Expense Assistance
- Respite Care
- Senior Centers and Congregate Meal Sites
- Support Groups
- Other Aging and Disability Resources
Contact us to speak to our Information and Referral Specialists or to schedule an appointment.
Phone: (517) 592-1974
Options Counseling is an interactive process whereby individuals and their loved ones receive guidance in their deliberations to make informed choices about long-term supports and services. The Options Counseling approach acquaints people with services and programs sooner and prevents waiting to seek services until there is a crisis.
Options Counselors work with the individual and family explore all programs and services available in the region, as well as provide warm hand-offs to agencies who can help with resources and information outside our region. Our Options Counselors will:
- Discuss and review eligibility requirements for the programs and services of interest to the individual.
- Assist with applications as needed.
- Develop a plan with the individual and family which outlines “next steps” to reach their services and support goals.
- Act as a liaison and advocate for the individual and family with the agencies and programs they are interested in working with, such as making appointments on the individual’s behalf with partner agencies and participating in intake appointments to assist the individual and family in telling their story.
Contact us to speak to our Options Counselors or to schedule an appointment.
Phone: (517) 592-1974